The final part of the top-trinity of Insta beds is the raised model with Insta III built-in pump. It’s been “duking it out” with the “neverFLAT” ever since we started out this Insta thread of guides a about 14 months ago. Below are the latest results of our tests and latest impressions our featured testers shared with us.
Currently rated at 86 / 100, this air mattress has been one of the best Insta air mattresses (TOP 3) for as far back as we can remember.
Current rating of the Insta bed with III pump
Right off the bat, we’ll take a look at new ratings throughout our relevant categories. If you’ve read our previous update on this Insta bed review, you’ll know exactly what happened that pushed the NeverFLAT to the top.
Basic manufacturer’s info on this raised air mattress:
- Quick inflation and deflation with built-in Insta III AC pump
- 20% quieter than large number of air mattress pump out there
- Raised height for easier getting into/out of the bed
- Carry bag included
- Long life ensured via high-quality water and puncture-resistant materials
- Available in Twin and Queen Size
They’ve kept it pretty basic, as with all their models we’ve reviewed over the years.
This is not intrinsically a problem since we have a lot of testers for the three models we have in our storage, paired up with hundreds of recent buyers all around the world we’ve contacted in the past two months.
All in all, I’d say we’re pretty “buffed” when it comes to relevant data, so let’s hit the ground running with some positive and negative user reviews of this Insta.
Pleasant user experiences with Insta bed air mattress with III pump:
- I like how the top feels to the touch, and the fact that it keeps my sheets locked in place is nothing to sneeze at. The flocking is really nice and feels very soft and smooth
- This is the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on! All of my regular beds are in that mix as well. I’ve been suffering from chronic back pain for ages now, and I’ve spent a small fortune on fancy mattresses that did absolutely nothing! This little guy did more for way less than a hundred bucks. I feel my back being well-supported at all times, and my spine is well-aligned all night long. A definite recommendation if you have problems similar to mine
- A completely waterproof bed was definitely what I needed! I’ve spilled everything there was in the world all over my previous beds, and I could never dry it completely before mold started forming. It was a disaster. Anyway, all I need now is a cloth to collect all the liquid and a new set of sheets. As simple as that
- Being a total germophobe, air mattresses are definitely my promised land. The material is anti-microbial, and they’re pretty regular bed-like nowadays anyway in terms of comfort. I really like the raised height, though. It makes getting in and out sooo much easier, and I can even sit on the side before hitting the sack. The edges are firm enough to support me, which is a first in my short inflatable furniture saga. Love it to bits and recommend it to everyone thinking of buying it
- We took it three camping trips with us so far, and we are both very pleased with the overall performance. Probably not as good as the Insta EZ, because you have to place it directly to the ground, but so far no issues. We tend to get a bit rough on our camping gear, so this little guy didn’t have it easy from day one. The material feels pretty tough, however, so I don’t think we’ll have any problems of the piercing variety. It also holds my wife and me without any problems and doesn’t leak air overnight
- Last camping trip we had, we ended up on a patch of pretty uncomfortable rocks, which was entirely my fault. We though the bed was a goner for sure, but it managed to hold us pretty comfortably that night, and we still had a bed in the morning. I had to share this experience since I never thought you could get an inflatable bed this sturdy for that kind of cash
- This is my first raised Insta air mattress. I wanted to give extra height a go since I’ve had some pretty chilling experiences sleeping outside in cooler climates. I needed some extra insulation from the ground, and this bad boy definitely did the trick. Not only is it much easier to get into bed and out of it, but the overall temperature during the night is also much more pleasant due to more distance from the ground. Excellent camping choice if you’re heading out during low-temperature seasons
- The carry bag I got with this Insta bed is more than spacious enough to fit the mattress and still have some room to spare. It doesn’t hog a lot of storage space, so it’s just a perfect air bed for guests. I can take it out of storage and inflate it in minutes, and put it away just as fast after the visit is over and I don’t need it anymore
- I used this air mattress every single night for almost two years, and I can honestly say I’ve never slept better. My herniated disk caused me such discomfort and pain every time I woke up; I was slowly running out of ideas. This little guy changed my life for the better. It’s crazy comfortable and supports my back like no bed before. Honest recommendation to everybody with problems similar to mine
- Las time we used it, it went on for two weeks without needing any extra air. Not to mention our guests totaled more than 400 lbs together, and the bed remained as firm as the day I inflated it. Amazing!
- The pump is very powerful, and it doesn’t waste any time when you turn it on. It inflates the bed in just a couple of minutes, and it’s much quieter than all of the air mattress pumps I’ve ever had. The rest of them were on-par with my vacuum cleaner in terms of noise
Let’s check some shortcomings of this Insta as well:
- My brother is living in Europe, and he can’t order this bed since they don’t do deliveries outside of the US. It’s a real shame, so that’s my only complaint about it. Well, not mine exactly… I got my bed, and I’m overjoyed with it
- I only wish it could be battery-operated. Things being as they are, we always have to take our mobile power supply with us instead of being able to inflate our camping mattress on battery power
Insta bed with Insta III pump – final thoughts
We can best get to know this model by comparing it to our winner for this update of the Insta guide. We’re talking the NeverFLAT one, of course.
As far as implemented technologies go, these two are pretty much on par. In both cases, we have sturdy PVC for better durability, circular coils on the inside, good assortment of pumps, sure-grip bottom…
Where we can really learn about these two is in their differences, however. So, let’s see what sets them apart.
The first thing we’d like to point out is the pump itself. This model doesn’t feature the NeverFLAT variety, which is a huge difference. The bed (luckily) doesn’t lose air over night, but neverFLAT is just a nifty “safety net” to have. It uses the same pump as the Serta with Insta III pump and the two are pretty similar in terms of specs but when we put the two under scrutiny of testing, the Insta came out on top.
Insta III packs a bigger punch, however, so it all comes down to whether you want speed and power or an additional safety layer.
The weight limit of this mattress is a thing we don’t particularly like. It’s set at 350 lbs, which can’t be enough for two grown ups. Some buyers have pushed their luck by putting more weight on it, and it went ok, but weight limits are there for a reason.
Sure, air mattresses of today won’t disintegrate if you put some more weight on them, but they’ll definitely “feel it” in the long run. So, following manufacturer’s user manual definitely sounds like a good idea.
Dimensions are also something we need to address. Twin is 100% true to size, so no problems there. Queen, however, should be 80 inches long, and it measures 78. It’s not a huge problem, but we need to mention all the irregularities about this model.
You might have some issues with your Queen-Size sheets, but it shouldn’t be too big of a problem.
The height is different as well. This bed is 15 inches high, which puts it 3 inches bellow its “arch nemesis”.
Some people found it to be too low, but I guess we’re dealing with one more of those “personal preferences” type of things.
Any extra info to keep in mind?
It’s an air mattress recommended exclusively for indoor use.
We know you fellow campers out there won’t exactly head this “warning”; neither did we.
If you want to give it a shot in the great outdoors with this bed, make sure you have your power supply with you since this model can’t be battery operated.
All in all…
This is one solid Insta representative.
The main things that were supposed to draw you to buy it are its insane quality-to-price ratio and a ridiculously powerful pump. That, combined with some well-known Insta traits and features makes up for one pretty darn good inflatable bed.
We’ve tested it outdoors as well, and it performed flawlessly, so you home won’t have a chance against it.
A huge bang for the buck and we don’t think you’ll ever look back if you decide to go with one of these.