One of the 3 Serta airbeds we reviewed this month – the Serta that comes with the Insta 3 Pump. It’s one of the top rated models of the brand, and today, we revisit what’s so good (and not so good) about it.
So, this week brought us updates on EZ air bed, Raised Queen-Size Serta and lastly, a model featuring Insta pump. It’s been one crazy ride, and it’s not even over yet.
What’s new in this review update of the Serta Raised with Insta 3 Pump?
Serta with Insta pump suffered the biggest drop as far as ratings are concerned. It went from 79 to 76 in just one update, and we’ll try to uncover what hides behind this plummeting result.
Those were the bad news for today; let’s see some of the GOOD.
Let’s begin by going over the newly-calculated overall rating:
We’ve gathered a lot of new up-to-date INFO to mirror the current situation on the market. The sales were quite satisfactory as far as this model is concerned, so we’ll have to delve a bit deeper to uncover what happened.
We have fresh feedback directly from people who bought this air mattress and decided to share their impressions with us. We’ll see some of the things they liked, but also some of the shortcomings they’ve reported. We also did a couple of new and interesting tests, which are due to be published in the follow-up article. I must admit we were very creative this time around, and we’ll add a valuable set of results to the test thesaurus.
Specs of this raised air mattress:
|35 separate circular coils in the Queen; 21 in the Twin for improved comfort and support|
|Easier getting in/out due to raised height|
|Quick inflation/deflation via built-in powerful Insta III AC pump|
|Flocked top offers comfortable and soft sleep surface and keeps sheets in place|
|Carry bag included|
|Dimensions – 78 x 60 x 15 inches|
Positive things users shared in their reviews of this Serta:
- It’s the most comfortable air mattress I’ve ever owned! I’ve had 4 of them so far, and none of them could come even close to this Serta
- The best thing that ever happened to my poor busted back! I used to wake up all sore and stiff every morning, with brutal pain going from my lower back upwards. This Serta inflatable mattress finally turned the tables in my favor. I wake up fresh and loose every morning without any pressure pain or back problems
- The pump is just amazing! It inflates and deflates the mattress in no time, and it’s really easy to use. The whole setup process is very simple and takes very little time overall
- The price tag left me speechless for a couple of minutes I must admit. Getting a Serta blow-up mattress for well under a hundred bucks is just unbelievable! You get much more than you pay for with this mattress!
- I’ve read a lot of Serta air mattress reviews and decided to go with this model in the end. It’s a cheaper version of their uber expensive stuff, but it still gets the job done like a boss. It’s a high-quality air mattress at just a fraction of the cost of their fancy models
- I can finally get some good night’s sleep and not suffer my husband’s constant twisting and turning. He’s a really restless sleeper, and I couldn’t get a decent shuteye in forever. I don’t feel a thing with this air mattress! It feels as if I’m sleeping all alone without all that crazy motion transfer. This air bed is a lifesaver!
- I’ve had my old Serta for ages now, and it was time to get a new one. I can see they still care about the quality of their products as much as they did when I bought my original air bed. The construction seems really solid, as I expected, and the seams are tough and well connected. The whole thing looks very durable, and I look forward to using it as my main bed for years to come
- I inflated it about a month ago, did some topping off in the beginning, and it didn’t need any extra air ever since. It literally leaks no air, which is an amazing feature for this kind of money!
- The flocked top actually does a great job at holding my sheets perfectly in place. The mattress itself is pretty stable, so I never wake up at the opposite side of the room
Some of the negative consumer reports:
- It was pretty heavy when I tried to move it fully inflated
- The rubber smell was there only for a couple of hours. I just aired it out, and the smell was all but gone
- If your bedroom is cold, I suggest you get a really thick blanket or some memory foam topper, because this air mattress will get cold!
- The sides are not as firm as the rest of the mattress! I can’t really sit comfortably on the side to take my slippers off or drink a glass of water. It makes getting in and out of the bed a bit more challenging than it needs to be
Conclusion about this Serta raised blow up mattress review
The things that separate this Serta inflatable mattress from the heard are the coil construction and the POWERFUL insta pump.
We did a couple of interesting tests that proved the quality of the said features, but we’re not about to spoil the upcoming dedicated article.
Based on what we’ve seen and what users shared in their reviews of this air mattress, we can say we’ve got our hands on a really GOOD QUALITY product. It is only the second best-rated Serta, being the runner up to the Serta EZ, but at half the price.
The users are very pleased with everything it had to offer, and we must say it performed reasonably well during our testing phase. It’s a solid piece of inflatable furniture; the structure is very sound, and the air chambers perform flawlessly.
On the other hand, the main complaint we had with this air mattress was its weight. We’re talking about how heavy it is when fully inflated. It’s just a bit too much to carry it around comfortably, but that’s about it. It’s one of those “EASY-TO-SOLVE” ISSUES.
So, we hope our new update on this Serta blow-up mattress gave you just the info you were looking for. Be sure to check out the follow-up article where we explain the testing process and give you the results.
As always, if you have ANY question, recommendation, critique, outburst or just want to say hi, you can do it in the comment section bellow, and we’ll reply post-haste.