When SoundAsleep Dream Series air mattresses hit the market a few years back, we didn’t expect much. We didn’t expect it to be a game-changer and become the best air mattress on 3Beds.com for over a year now. The company is pretty young but it’s obliterating the competition ever since their products hit the market, and it’s doing it by focusing on just a few products. The only bone we have to pick with SoundAsleep is that the airbeds go out of stock so often it’s not even funny.
Basically, you can consider yourself lucky if you do secure a SoundAsleep for yourself. We have high hopes that this substantial issue will change as the company adapts to the market demand they probably didn’t expect.
But more on the company and the product itself further down. Let’s get to the bottom line right away.
Table of contents
- 1 SoundAsleep - Queen/Twin
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Basic info of the Dream Series:
- 5 Technical details table:
- 6 Conclusions on the Sound Asleep Dream series inflatable mattress
Sound Asleep Dream Series – latest ratings
SoundAsleep - Queen/Twin
- Supportive and comfortable - Comfort Coil
- Thick quality materails - puncture resistant
- Top score in air retention
- Fast, reliable pump
- Quiet inflation
- Superior customer service
- No color choices
- Only Twin & Queen size
- On-arrival defects (see in full review below)
The latest update to its ratings didn’t bring much change, it’s down from an OVERALL RATING of 9.5 to 9.4 which is well within statistical which, plainly speaking, means that nothing has changed.
Listen to Oli’s summary of the latest review update of the Sound Asleep
Basic info of the Dream Series:
- Comfort Coil technology with 40 air coils that mimic steel springs for increased support and durability
- Fast internal pump (patented 1 click), inflates and deflates the mattress within 4 minutes
- No unwanted sliding – sure-grip materials used for the bottom
- Double high (raised) and dual chamber construction (less air movement and better comfort)
- Thick multi-layer PVC plus flocking used for the top making it puncture resistant
- Comes with a carry bag
- 1-year warranty, phone and email customer support
Technical details table:
|Color choices||combo of blue and beige (top and sides)|
|Pump||built in, electrical, 4 minute inflation/deflation|
|Dimensions||19*60*80 “ – queen (also comes in twin and low camping version)|
|Weight (shipping)||around 19 pounds|
Take a minute and watch a short demonstration below:
Those of you who are new to 3Beds.com might need clarification on how we rate the air mattresses and how we got to the numbers you saw above:
The overall rating numbers are an average of:
- Our in-house tests
- Featured testers review and opinions (people we send out the airbed for testing)
- Consumer ratings from user reviews that we collected from online sources
You can read more about the process, on the how we test page.
Moving on to see what people had to say about the SoundAsleep Dream Series. Instead of boring you to death with long analysis, we believe that what people told us or simply shared in online reviews is a much faster way to get the message across:
Excerpts from positive reviews:
- My current living situation is moving around a lot, so I basically needed and air mattress for every day use. This is the 4th one I got in the last year, two Coleman and one Insta which all started leaking air within a month or two and there’s no comparison to this airbed. The SoundAsleep is obviously designed to last – sleeps like a real bed, it doesn’t sink and it does not leak. I only top it off once every 2-3 weeks.
- I didn’t expect much when getting an inflatable mattress for my back pain but my wife literally made me, and I can’t thank her enough. The fact that I can choose the level of firmness made all the difference. I feel no pressure points, no more shoulder and hip pain, my life quality dramatically changed
- This is the best solution for a guest bed out there. It’s easy to inflate and deflate, and when it deflates it really fully deflates, so it packs very small
- The flocked top is great for two reasons – the very surface feel great to sleep on and if you are using sheets they stay in place and don’t slip.
- The SoundAsleep is a bargain. I owned a few air mattresses over the years and I always go for quality instead of trying to save and going through the hassles of returning and replacing. After reading all the raving positive reviews, I decided to go with a cheaper option this time and got this. It’s been 6 months of regular use and I never saw the difference between this and the inflatables that I paid 2 or 3 times as much
- I weigh over 350 pounds and have back problems so I sleep on air mattresses, which helps with my lower back pain issues. I got this for my cabin and I have an Innomax medallion at home. The medallion costs over 2k and I swear that the two airbeds feel pretty much the same.
- Getting the SoundAsleep was probably the best 100 bucks I’ll spend this year. You can see and feel how well it’s made as soon as you unpack it. The material is thick and the flocking is high-quality and soft. This one’s a keeper…
- It doesn’t leak air. Everything else aside, this is what makes or breaks and air mattress, take it from someone who’s using airbeds not as a temporary bed or for guests but as the main bed. Judging by all the products I went through in the past years, this is by far the best inflatable mattress out there.
- I’ve been buying and using temporary beds for my cabin for 3 decades now and this one is by far the most durable airbed I ever owned and I went through about a dozen. Three years in and zero air leaks.
A few things users complained about:
- Even when fully inflated, this bed is still low for my taste. The claims about it being as good as a regular bed are exaggerations…
- Mine had two small holes on the sides on arrival. I sent it back and waiting for a new one to arrive but this was definitely disappointing, especially after all the praises I read about the company and the Dream Series in particular…
- This feels somewhat small for a queen size, I think it’s a bit too narrow and if you don’t fully inflate it, I am free to say that this is not a queen size…
- I am always very diligent with any purchase and I read 100s of reviews before getting this airbed and I was sure it was a nice, quality product. Unfortunately, no such luck, the pump is too loud…it is 4 minutes but for a product with so many raving reviews I expected more . I’ll give this product a second chance by replacing it and hoping that it was just a flaw in the one that I got.
Conclusions on the Sound Asleep Dream series inflatable mattress
It’s scientifically proven that hearing or reading something negative about a product has a much bigger influence on a decision than reading the positive reviews.
It’s especially true for an air mattress, even the best of them. That’s why important to split the grievances we read and saw into two groups:
- A flaw of a specific product
- A major flaw with a model
Over time of reviewing and rating air mattresses, we’ve established precise criteria about this. It comes down to numbers and percentages. The only other models that managed to get a rating this high are luxury air mattresses.
For example – people reporting that air mattress holds air and has no structural issue vs. people who report air leaks. That, combined with our tests that are as close to a scientific approach as you can get with a blow up mattress, tells us that the Dream Series is well within those margins of statistical error.
To put it simply – we think that (apart from luxury models) this is the best air mattress out there. It passed our in-house tests with flying colors:
- Air retention testing
- Tensile testing of both the connection and seams and the PVC itself
- Puncture resistance testing
We found that the claims about it being extra think and puncture resistant are true and that any defects in that area are a flaw of small % of products. This will be true for any air mattress, no matter how well made.
Our featured testers rated it at the average of 9.3 and the average ratings we collected from relevant consumer reviews come down to 9.4.
The ratings graph you saw at the start includes all of those and the ratings on it are final ratings, or as we like to call it the 3B rating.
Final 3B rating – 9. 4/10.